Monday, September 15, 2008

& the hits just keep on comin'

Alright, I will be the first to admit that my last post was, well, ..... yawn! I'm stressed & just needed to get that long, boring post out of me.

The landlord has had the entire building inspected. She wouldn't tell me how bad the problem is, but she did tell me that my neighbor next door (no word on downstairs) has them. The landlord was perplexed that my neighbor did not complain - me too. I still haven't figured out why the guys downstairs don't pitch a fit. They told me they asked the old landlord to spray & didn't know what else to do. I say, freak out, man!!!! This is not acceptible. (tible? / table? - thank you microsoft, now I can't spell!)

Anyway - today there was a note on the door stating that the entire building is being treated for some random assortment of bugs (I'm assuming aside from the obvious, this pretty much means the spiders & ants which tend to invade the building every fall). The instructions for us tenant-types make it pretty clear that "random assortment" mostly means bed-bugs. We are being instructed to vaccuum our units & immediately throw away the bags, bag up all our linens & strip our beds. Before the PCO comes they are having the carpets professionally cleaned. Man! I hope this works!

Also - when I stopped home I noticed a couch & pillows in the dumpster. The dumpster was pretty filled, I'm assuming furniture was under the bags as well. Plus (hopefully though doubtfully this is a coincidence) someone in the next building was throwing away a mattress. Won't it be super-fun if the whole neighborhood is infested.*

*I will explain here that the neighborhood is a cul-de-sac block of various styled apartment buildings. 4, 3-flats & maybe 8 town-house looking buildings. This is not an "apartment farm" & there is a home-owners association which governs the entire block, but each buidling has it's own owner or property management company. It's actually really nice looking, neatly landscaped, quiet & we even have a swimming pool which we all share.

Anyway - wish me luck. ;) After work today I get to go home & laminate all my important papers. After the first PCO came, it seems he just made the little buggers run all around looking for a new home (my filing cabinet on that list). I do find it amusing however that if I'm ever audited, all of my old tax records will be laminated. Surely nothing about that will make me look nuts!

No comments: